Sunday 21 June 2015

A Mohair Shawl

I have a few mohair yarns in various colours and I thought I'd use them all to make a stripey shawl following an easy pattern of stocking stitch. There are 100 rows with two rows of garter stitch at each end. The joins of colour are left fairly long so as to make a fringe. I think this will become a colourful summery shawl. I have ordered a few more balls of mohair online they are being sent from Italy and will wait for these to arrive before knitting as I dont want all the same colours on one side, rather to blend in all the colours throughout the shawl.  photo image.jpg1_zpsu01hvivw.jpg  photo image.jpg2_zpswtjrzycl.jpg These colourful red flowers have just come into flower so had to take a photo, behind is a stone hedge this is covered with climbing ivy which I think looks good too.  photo image.jpg4_zpsvpqwkjyd.jpg  photo image.jpg3_zps9ze5xjbh.jpg  photo image.jpg1_zpswd3t7gmr.jpg I found and bought these three balls of yarn in a packet at a charity shop for £1 and liked the autumn colour. I have started knitting and will probably make a bag, I bought these two balls of yarn too in a wool shop as I liked the mix of colours and the fluffy texture of the yarn.  photo image.jpg6_zpspb8k2t31.jpg I am linking this blog post with Wool on Sunday
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment