Sunday 16 March 2014

Knitted Felted and Woven

These are my finished knitted and felted projects that I showed a preview of last week! The bag is knitted in mohair with a seed stitch which gives this lovely nubby texture. The bag has a purple yarn but it looks blue in this photo. I like how big the flower knitted up. I wet felted wool tops then I needle felted the pieces together into this red bag. I added a felted button and a strap from left over wool tops which I first needle felted into shape.  photo image_zps0ab7a5c2.jpg Red Felt Bag photo image_zps10d4873d.jpg Felt photo image_zpsc87b7526.jpg  photo image_zps69eb4395.jpg I made this piece of woven acrylic yarn and cut it from the frame I will make a kindle case with it I think  photo image_zps4fbd9ead.jpg
Show Comments: OR

5 comments:

  1. Teresa, I love the woven piece as I love weaving, it reminds me of junior school and cutting the little V shapes out of a piece of cardboard then wrapping wool around them to make a 'loom', great fun! Your post has brought back great memories!! Thank you :))
    Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bags. I must experiment more with felting. And your weaving looks great. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it. Thank you for linking with Wool on Sundays and for your kind comments on my posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Steph. It did not take long to do, glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Janine. Glad you like my bags and weaving, felting is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely unique pieces I should experiment more - thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete