Sunday, 29 March 2015
I was getting ready to do a craft fair on Saturday at Hellys and did not crochet or knit a finished item. I did crochet a few squares last week that I think I might make into a blanket, perhaps maybe. I sold a rag rug which I knitted a while ago, the lady who bought it loved it and said quite a lot of work must have gone into it, and it did as the coloured fabrics had to be cut into strips and knotted together then knitted on big needles. Knitting with cotton material was harder to do as it is less easy to manage to knit with than yarns. I was pleased I carried on with it as it grew bigger and it became a colourful rag rug. I have a photo of it as a banner on my blog, my Etsy and Folksy Shops, my Weebly website and on business cards. I will keep it on there now it is sold, as it looks good. I also sold at the craft fair a set of four cotton crochet coasters too so, a good day at the craft fair.
Sunday, 15 March 2015
I wanted to make a hat next after making an infinity scarf and liked this pattern I saw on All Free Crochet. It is a beret type hat that was adapted to this design a peaked cap which I like. I used the acrylic yarns I had with me changing the colour as I went along. It is made using single crochet throughout. I will keep it for myself.
Sunday, 8 March 2015
I liked the stitches in this pattern and as I needed another scarf and it was quick to make, with a single crochet, half double,double crochet then miss two, in the round. I made this. Here I am in my daughters lovely Victorian house sitting down with a bag of wool and this is the scarf I made. We love it here and are staying another week. I have got two legs btw I like to sit with one leg tucked under me I find it comfortable.
Saturday, 28 February 2015
I have added a pretty floral cotton back which perfectly matches the light green yarn of this cushion. I used a floral piece I bought in a charity shop in a bagful of scrap material all for £1, so a bargain! Also I crocheted another motif, a Rainbow Petal pattern I found in a book The Harmony Guide to Crochet Stitches and chose from the the selection of colours I have. It may become a bag or a cushion. I popped into the wool shop in my local town Camborne, there had been a delivery of several large boxes of wool, a few were opened I chose these as a start and will pop back there again, they are all priced at £1.20 per 100g, so very good value! I and OH are going to London on Sunday 1st March to see our daughter Michelle's new house and stay for a week so excited I don't know if I will have time to do any knitting or crochet while I am away but I may get to do some.
Sunday, 22 February 2015
I have started making another crochet cushion and finished one side, the front. I may do a fabric back again or a crochet one. I began by making a Catherine wheel motif in a double knit acrylic yarn to try out a pattern in the book The Complete Guide to Crochet I bought in a charity shop for the nice selection of stitches and patterns. The Catherine wheels in the book were used to make a curtain which I think looked good and as my yarn was double knit instead of a lighter weight yarn I decided to carry on adding more rows to the motif making it up as I went in various stitches until it measured 18" x 18" square and make a cushion instead. I think it turned out okay and I may keep this one. The green is a lot brighter than this photo shows taken with my ipad camera.
Saturday, 14 February 2015
This is the finished crochet hexagon cushion the pattern is known as Granny's Papperweights or African Flowers. I have added five more hexagons to make a 18" x 18" square cushion. I machine stitched the joined up hexagons to a yellow ruched cotton. To complete I added three colourful buttons, orange, green and pink that complement both the front and back of cushion. The hexagons have not be made smaller to fit size of cushion and so they look good at the back folded over and used for button holes.
Sunday, 8 February 2015
I have booked another craft fair with Hellys for March and I have added another cushion to my collection this time made with scraps of colour. I liked the pattern of Granny's Paperweights on Janine's blog last week and decided to make a few for a cushion. I used acrylic yarn it's what I have mostly, with a few balls of coloured mohair and some fancy polyester mix yarns. I started joining the Granny Paperweights together with a single crochet which I usually use to join crochet then thought I'd try stitching them together using one colour throughout which worked very well. I thought I'd add a crinkly cotton material for the back which I hand dyed with a turmeric spice. I may have to crochet a few more to fit the material as they are a hexagon shape.