Sunday, 27 July 2014

A Mandala Cushion and Bowl

I have completed the Mandala and added a soft yellow cotton circle for the back. I made the inside circular cushion pad as I'd polyester stuffing and a few yards of muslin. I like the fullness around the edge which then decreases in stitches for the yellow circle on the back. The Mandala which was getting wider as I was crocheting it has been rescued and made into this cushion. It measures 18" x 18" plus the sides make 24" Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I came across this weaving with a Hula Hoop on Pinterest and I thought I'd give it a go. The biggest hoop I found is a size 29" the recommended size for a small rug is 33" I may get a larger size. I made this little bowl with strips of old t-shirts. I think these colours go pretty together and like the rustic look. This hoop weaving is very easy to do and doesn't take long to make something. I have not done much weaving before this now I will make other small items with the Hula Hoop. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Show Comments: OR