Tuesday 29 May 2012

New sewing machine and another mobile phone case.

Yesterday I treated myself to a new sewing machine a Janome 525s. My old machine did not have a drop feed switch so this was the main reason for a change as I would like to try free motion embroidery. This new machine has lots of features and came  
with six feet including an automatic buttonhole foot and metal quilt guide.
Orange and Blues Mobile Phone Case

I just listed this cute mobile phone case on Folksy today. I have lots of colourful wool I could make a few more like these!


Show Comments: OR

2 comments:

  1. I have that identical sewing machine. I've had it for nearly a year and used it most days and I've been really pleased with it. I haven't done much fmq - I had a short phase but then it fell by the wayside - but I didn't drop the feed dogs. You might want to try with them up and down and check which you think works best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my first practice fm embroidery today with dropped feed dogs.I will try with them up and down thanks. I am pleased with my attempt and the machine. Next I will try using shapes to make a picture.

    ReplyDelete